Last week Swiss International Air Lines announced they’re rebranding. The current brand, visually, includes a red cube shape with the Swiss flag in the bottom corner. Simple. Clean. Unencumbered. Proud. Precise. Very Swiss.
When you hear rebranding you may think, ‘now what?’ The current branding works, right? Well according to Holger Hätty, Chief Commercial Officer of Swiss International Air Lines, companies can’t afford to be complacent; they must lay the foundations of today for tomorrow’s successes.
Swiss International definitely has a strong and viable foundation. It was Swissair (predecessor to Swiss International) that created a foundation of exceptional customer service and operational efficiency (Duh! They are Swiss after all). Had Swissair not built such a strong foundation, they would not have weathered 9/11 or bankruptcy to become SWISS.
Over a 2.5 year period, I had the opportunity to experience the Swiss spirit firsthand as a FA in the crew exchange between my airline and Swissair (mid-1990’s). What a wonderful experience. Water skiing on Lake Geneva. Day trips by train into the Swiss countryside. Spectacular views of the Swiss Alps (Matterhorn). Fondue. Endless fields of sunflowers. Wonderful friends. After quite a long absence, I recently visited Switzerland where I met up with an old Swissair friend. Ah, the memories. Many things had changed, especially at Flughafen Zurich. The whole experience was distinctly Swiss. Loved the airport train ride between terminals! Click to experience.
The spirit of Switzerland is still alive, so it’s really not rebranding but repositioning. The key elements of the repositioning (elements experienced at the old Swissair):
• We are genuine
Seems like some things old are new again. Out with the red cube. Welcome back tailfin with the Swiss cross! SWISS believes this better represent the move to be the “Airline of Switzerland”. I agree.
Their new branding is a promise of a new beginning. For complete details click here
- RT @librarian_ra: Widebody Wednesday - Greetings from Schiphol - @KLM 747 postcard. . . #ephemera #airplane #avgeek #avgeeks #aviation #tra… 19 hours ago
- RT @airlineguys: These pics of Dusty the Air Lion are AWESOME! cc @Delta twitter.com/pizzacube/stat… 1 day ago
- RT @librarian_ra: 👑Delta Air Lines DC-7 postcard. . . #ephemera #airplane #avgeek #avgeeks #aviation #travel #postcards #postcard @Austeri… 1 day ago
- RT @librarian_ra: Sunday Smiles with this PSA 727 postcard. . . #ephemera #airplane #avgeek #avgeeks #aviation #travel #postcards #postcard… 4 days ago
- RT @librarian_ra: Widebody Wednesday - Ghana Airways DC-10 postcard. . . #ephemera #airplane #avgeek #avgeeks #aviation #travel #postcards… 1 week ago
August 2022 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Join 12,403 other followers
Top Posts & Pages
Legalese made easyAll of our original content, including text and photographs, belong to us unless otherwise noted. Pretty clear, huh? The content is not to be used unless given express permission by us, the airlineguys. ©airlineguys 2013